Diane Moskowitz, M.A.
Licensed Professional Counselor
I actively engage with my clients in a collaborative process, tailoring my approach to each client's needs and resources. Sometimes I use a very here-and-now or problem solving process, and sometimes I delve deeper, exploring developmental or family of origin issues to resolve longstanding conflicts and obstacles to change. I am always looking for ways to tap into my client's own wisdom and inner strengths. I search for the questions that will help my clients think about themselves and their problems in a new way.
I deeply value the privilege of being allowed to walk alongside my clients in their journeys toward emotional well-being. I honor the courage it takes for my clients to make changes, and to allow me to know their darkest sides as well as their strengths.
My specialties include couples/marriage counseling, sexual problems, barriers to intimacy, work with sexual abuse survivors, eating disorders, family of origin issues and midlife issues. I also have extensive experience with depression and anxiety disorders.
Individual Therapy: People seek my help in individual counseling when they feel depressed, anxious, or sometimes just stuck in patterns that are counterproductive. Sometimes my role is to support clients through difficult life transitions. Other times I help people move beyond old or recent traumatic experiences.
- Couples Therapy/Marriage Counseling: Many couples come to counseling to resolve long-standing conflicts and resentments. I help partners move beyond shaming and blaming to a better understanding of how their own individual issues are being played out in the interpersonal dynamics. Sometimes I coach partners in learning new communication tools for building empathy and a deeper connection. I work with couples who are anxious about beginning a new relationship, as well as couples who are needing a boost of romance and energy in their long-term relationships. My clients may be married or unmarried, gay, lesbian or straight.
- Sex Therapy: Sometimes it's hard to tell whether emotional problems are causing a sexual problem, or the other way around. I help clients, either individually or with their partners, sort out the issues that may be getting in the way of a comfortable or satisfying sex life. Many couples come to me to deal with issues that arise when one partner's level of libido is very different from the other's. And I have many years of experience helping clients overcome specific sexual problems such as erectile dysfunction, rapid ejaculation, pain during intercourse, and difficulties with orgasm.
I am available for supervision with counselors in training and for consultation with more experienced therapists.
I hold a Masters degree from Lewis and Clark College, 1986, in Counseling Psychology. Numerous advanced training courses in couples counseling, sex therapy, Imago relationship therapy, EMDR, brief therapy, and clinical supervision.
I am a current member of the following associations:
- Oregon Counseling Association
- American Mental Health Counselors Association
- American Mental Health Alliance - Oregon
I have delivered numerous presentations on such topics as Women's Sexuality, Sexuality in Midlife, and Sex Therapy.
Please download and fill out the New Client Intake Forms. You can bring them to your first appointment, or fax them in prior to your appointment.
I am available for appointments on Mondays and Wednesdays, and have early evening hours available on both days.
- Please call for availability.
$135 for individuals and $150 for couples. Some sliding scale fees are negotiated, depending on the client's circumstances. Payment by cash, check, Visa or MasterCard is accepted.
I accept many insurance plans and will help you, prior to a first session, figure out what your out-of-pocket cost will be for my services.
Learn more about Diane Moskowitz, M.A. on the American Health Alliance Website.
Baur Clinical Associates
home | therapists | contact us
4000 Kruse Way Place, Bldg. 2, Suite 330
Lake Oswego, OR 97035